Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Our new summer hot spot!

Last Saturday, I took Tyson to the Blue Hole. It's a swimming hole in Wimberley that my sister Amanda and I used to go to when we went to girls camp around the ages of 8 and 9. If we kept our cabins clean and up to par, we were allowed to go there for about three or four hours as reward. That was close to 20 years ago and the park is still open to the public and is just as beautiful as it was then. One of the coolest things are the VERY high trees and rope swings. One of which Tyson tried out, several times, while we were there. A lot of the kids were really getting up there...some as high up as 50ft at least. Then they would drag the rope swing with a piece of string that was tied to it up to where they were, positioned themselves on the seat of the swing and then jumped. It was awesome! Tyson especially thought so. He told me he wanted to do that too, I'll let you all guess what my answer was. Take a look though, at the swing he did have fun with. We will definitely be going back!






He was so pround of himself! As was I!

2 comments:

Terri Bills said...

I love clicking on the pictures and seeing them up close. Tyson's look in the bottom picture is so him. I love the way you are making childhood fun for your children - they will have such great memories!

Yonker Family said...

Pretty Impressive, we'll have to go back in October, it's still pretty warm there in October right?